Friday, October 14, 2011

Working toward the balance

Wondering about life and living it unbalanced, the more I go toward equality and trying to figure out what equality is, I recognize that my life isn't equal at all, in fact it's highly unbalanced and has always been unbalanced. So how do I get to being just a little unbalanced if in fact my quest for true balance and equality is quite limited right now?

Well, for starters, I must be balanced in myself, I should read news for a few minutes each day and get the gist of what is going on in the world.  I should take time to myself to calm my mind and meditate. I should try what I feel to do in my heart, and even if I fail or don't achieve it, at least I gave it all I have. I need to breath more and take more pauses before I answer. And explain I need to think about it. People get agitated at this one though, so that one is sort of hard to do. I just answer fast and take heat for how my answers may come across then take heat for thinking. I should though be determined to take heat for thinking, then take heat for a hasty answer I may not have meant the way I said it.

I have been a bit unbalanced at times, to a lot unbalanced. I hope I can find, as I work across this road of getting to equality, what balance is and feels like for me.

What works for me may not work for others. But at least I hope it helps gives others motivation to become more balanced.
That though is my Personal quest for balance with in my own life.

However,

How does this apply to a blog on a woman's voice in the Church? Well, isn't it all about balance? I mean, in the Church we have a lot more General Authorities then Women Officers of the Church. Yet the hat is tipped in the favor of the men. Men lead, preside, and women follow. Women have a voice, but not in the big councils. And I will post a PDF on this site in the next few weeks, in a new page, so any one can download it and take a look. I will outline the Leadership decision making bodies of the Church and give different ways of bringing a woman's voice to all those bodies.

That is one way to be balance.

I will write more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment